Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Compound

My parents encouraged me to post more pictures of my compound .. so here they are. 
You can thank my parents for them!


This is the walk up to my gated compound. This is the left half where the main, large gateway is.

This is a photo of my main walkway. The main house is on the left, second house on the right, and my house is in the back (the edge of my house is just to the left of the car in the background).

A view of the front of the main house.

The front of the second house.

View from that car right next to my house.

Here's my house again!
Garage attached to the main house (left), my house (center), traditional round-house (right).
This is what's behind the houses - there's a shed and near the large tree (left) is a chicken coop with no chickens at the moment... actually there's geese there.


Here's the geese (ha). I have no idea why the family on my compound keeps them!

From the back of the compound, by the random geese.
 

Setswana house -- this is the traditional round house. It's used for storage, and it's where the housekeepers sleep.


The family has a lot of trucks... how American of them.


 Behind my house, another storage shed...may have been a garage at some point?
The sun sets right behind my compound.

No comments:

Post a Comment